Enhancement and Enrichment
ANNOUNCES THE 2015-16 MINI GRANTS PROGRAM
The Hills Foundation for the Enhancement and Enrichment of Children Inc. was established to assist during the massive State aid cuts in services essential to the education and well being of the student population. The Foundation is a not‑for‑profit organization of community members whose goal is to provide additional financial support to the Half Hollow Hills Schools.
The purpose of creating a foundation is to gather financial and creative support for our district, and to identify and mobilize available resources by fostering partnerships among the schools, individuals and the business community. Its objective is to enhance cooperation and understanding while encouraging innovation and creativity in meeting the challenges facing the public education system.
Money raised will be used for such things as increasing technology, enhancing the arts in education programs, formulating a Speaker's Bureau, providing mini grants for educational projects, and sponsoring general scholastic enrichment.
The Hills Foundation is sponsoring a mini grant program, and once again we are offering teachers an opportunity to apply for a grant. Please note, we are requesting that the grants address the new Common Core Learning Standards wherever possible.
Applications for grants up to $1,000 are welcomed and encouraged.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: December 18, 2015
- The Hills Mini Grants Committee will review and award grants.
- You may reproduce the application form.
- Collaborative efforts among teachers/staff are welcomed.
- Relevant attachments should be included.
- All applications are to be sent or delivered to the Hills Foundation, 525 Half Hollow Road, Dix Hills, N. Y. 11746. They must be received by 5:00 p.m. on December 18, 2015.
- Awards will be announced by the end of January, 2016.
Download the Hills Foundation for the Enhancement and Enrichment for Children grant application.